Monday, January 26, 2009

Dream 01/26/09

We all waited, seated in a classroom for our letters to be called.
I was at some kind of work or training camp in the mountains.
Once my letter was announced I went outside and stood in line with other people waiting
to slide down a ground-level slide made of polished oak that ended somewhere underground
in a cavern.

Kurt Cobain was at the front of the line waiting to go down. Men in suits then gave the okay,
and he jumped instead of sitting down. He landed and slid down the rest of the way, and everyone
laughed except for me, because it looked rather painful, but I knew that he had jumped for the sake
of the audience.

When I reached the top, I was handed some small round pegs of oak that fit into small holes at the
top of the slide, which I put in my pocket. I ended up deep underground in the cave, several yards from where the others had landed. We were all expected to stay in our places overnight, and emerge in the morning. We passed the time by
telling our stories to each other while respectively staring up at the dark rock ceiling.

When it was light out, I stood up and realized I was wearing boy's white briefs covered in soot, and boxer shorts that
kept falling down. I was embarrassed about this, and hurried to get the place where I could clean up.
After I was dressed, I walked outside toward a cliff, and standing there was a boy from the cave. I hadn't seen him,
but I knew that he had told the most compelling story about how he lived in a squat in Kentucky with a bunch of feral, and
runaway kids. His mom had to flee from the FBI, and leave him there. So he befriended a younger french kid named Tim.

He asked me to come with him, because no one really had anywhere to go.
I also wanted to go because this person contained a combination of many traits that I found fascinating.

Tim, (the french kid, grown up) landed a small airplane with an open cockpit, and we jumped in. We flew close to the side of the cliff where there were all kinds of words and pictures carved into the rock. Tim turned the engine off, and the plane started to drop like a brick. They were wearing seat belts, but I wasn't, so I held onto the blue vinyl seat as tight as I could. I was thinking that I never minded risking life and limb for a chance to learn a cluster of many things at once.
But we didn't die, we ended up in a small mexican town. I was looking for a place that served nachos. The end.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed this. You should make all of these into a book!