Wednesday, February 3, 2010

A 40 oz and some candy.

They took over your vehicle again, messing up your schedule...
And for what? They ended up at the bar. So you called me on the phone scathing
and growling like an werewolf. You were going to steal a bunch of candy from the store
because you didn't know what else to do.
I said, "Well, that's innocuous enough, just don't get arrested."

Driving down Rubidoux Blvd, I turned into a seedy strip mall at dusk. I had a meeting
with some emotionally fucked up people. There were going to be snacks and beer.
Considering the level of alcoholism in the room, I decided to drink some malt liquor in the parking lot,
rather than up the bad influence inside.

The ring leader of this group was outfitted in army fatigues, and was said to be
an army psychologist. Whatever he was saying was being drowned out by the crowd passing around
giant bags of Chex Mix, and candy. There was a six pack of beer on each table, and I asked the girl sitting next
to me, why there wasn't more beer. She said the "Born-Agains" don't drink to get drunk.
I took that as my que to leave. On my way to the restroom I saw someone being baptized in a dirty
sink. After a narrow escape from a dangerous man in the bathroom, I left the building,
warning the girls not to go into the restroom, on my way out.

No comments: