Friday, August 7, 2009

medical injustice, and breaking glass.

I entered a tall metallic corporate building for a doctor's appointment. In the lobby there was a mad dash for the elevator, and I was smashed up against the button panel i was facing by a big sweaty man with no shirt. The air was thick with heat and sickness, as everyone was on their was to the doctor's office on some floor above. I felt like I was going to vomit.

The elevator doors opened and the throng of sickness, (myself included) poured out, and rushed into a big blue and gray carpeted waiting area, where a doctor stepped onto a stage and told us all that we would be split into groups and that some of us were to come back at 6:15 that night. April and I sat in some office chairs as two medical assistants came up to us individually to see about our conditions. I lifted up my pant legs to reveal large soft bruises on my skin like rotting peaches. He gave me two packets of pills, one white and one green, and told me how much they cost. I said that I could only pay half, so he gave me the pills and said to just "take" them.

I could see the other medical assistant messing with April's leg out of the corner of my eye. When the two MAs had gone and it was time to go, I looked at April and they had amputated one of her legs below the knee. They put a plastic peg in it's place and saran wrapped it to her thigh. I start yelling "Why did they take your leg off?!".

In order to leave the building, we (April & I) had to walk through a narrow space that contained antique footrests and glass cabinets with porcelain figurines. We could not break anything, so we hobbled and helped each other slowly through, handicapped by our wounds. I cannot now, remember if we broke anything :/

1 comment:

Unknown said...

ok, you should have warned that this was a dream cause for a second i was like WTF APRIL"S LEG!!!! :Sighs: well i dont know if this is a dream or just your imagination. whatever it is, its dark and tormented, i like it.
i have those kind of dreams all the damn time haha.
i like how its written, the way you described it, i think i could smell the sickness vomit too.
good work
VVR